Is there Automatic and restricted identation in JBuilder 6? Is there "matching braces highlighting" in JBuilder 6?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Johan_Persson
Posted On:   Friday, February 1, 2002 01:15 PM

Important: This is based on my experience with JBuilder 5 so I don't know if it has been improved in the JBuilder 6 release. I have used JBuilder 5 trial version and I must say it is excellent in every way. The only thing that annoys me sometimes is that I don't like how the identation works. I think that you should make it work like it does in "emacs" in this particular case. In emacs you have some kind of tab limit so whatever the tab size you can't tab more than that. When tab is pressed the text on the "cursor row" position itself on the correct place according to the tab size and the written code. This is very helpful when you make changes in the code and want to get an overview on what code belongs to a parti   More>>

Important:
This is based on my experience with JBuilder 5 so I don't know if it has been improved in the JBuilder 6 release.

I have used JBuilder 5 trial version and I must say it is excellent in every way. The only thing that annoys me sometimes is that I don't like how the identation works. I think that you should make it work like it does in "emacs" in this particular case. In emacs you have some kind of tab limit so whatever the tab size you can't tab more than that. When tab is pressed the text on the "cursor row" position itself on the correct place according to the tab size and the written code. This is very helpful when you make changes in the code and want to get an overview on what code belongs to a particular loop or block.

It is also very helpful to have automatic and restricted tabs when you have misstyped something because you notice it on the spot when you press tab. It is also good because you can be in middle of the row and press tab. In JBuilder 5, in contrary, you tab what is directly to the right of the cursor which can make you split words if you don't position yourself properly before tabbing

Another thing you can improve(if you haven't already in JBuilder 6) is more info about braces. when you make an end brace in emacs both matching braces gets another colour for a second so that you see which "{" that the "}" belongs to.
Info about if a brace was matched if one of them is outside the screen is also something that I miss from emacs.

The comfort of discovering mistakes before compile time makes it to correct them and that is why I am sending this topic.

Have you improved "matching braces hihglighting" and indentation in JBuilder6?

<<Less

Re: Is there Automatic and restricted identation in JBuilder 6? Is there "matching braces highlighting" in JBuilder 6?

Posted By:   Lionel_Roux  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 26, 2002 07:15 AM

I don't know if there is an automatic code indentation tool include in JBuilder 6. I use the Jrefactory 2.6.33 addin which is a very good tool for indentation and refactoring in your code.

For the braces, I use an other addin called "15392" ( I know it's bizzare ). It's a nice tool too.
About | Sitemap | Contact