dcsimg
"Failed to load current driver" and Cloudscape
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Robert_Clayson
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 30, 2002 07:23 AM

I'm tyring to setup the cloudscape JDBC driver. I have a small java program called CreateCoffes which I got through this website. I have tried running this using the cloudscape driver, but i get an error saying failed to load current driver. I have followed all the instructions in the tutorial, i.e. setting JAVA_HOME and J2EE_HOME. The cloudscape server does work using cloudscape -start, however, I am still unable to get any intergration with Java.

Re: "Failed to load current driver" and Cloudscape

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 5, 2002 11:50 PM

As Tom indicates, this sounds like a classpath issue to me. This is on the order of "is it plugged in and turned on", but in the course I suggest using the extension mechanism as follows:

To avoid classpath issues, copy, and rename where indicated, the following jars from J2EE_HOME/lib/cloudscape to JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext:

cloudscape.jar
client.jar rename to cs_client.jar
RmiJdbc.jar rename to cs_RmiJdbc.jar
tools.jar rename to cs_tools.jar

You do not have to rename the jars ( and you can use different names if you like, ) but doing so will avoid any conflicts due to the common names used.

If you have done this *exactly* as instructed and Java still can't find the driver, then the extension mechanism is not working on your platform for some reason. In that case, either add the path to the jars in your CLASSPATH or include the path in your Java invocation.

Re: "Failed to load current driver" and Cloudscape

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, February 1, 2002 06:01 AM

It looks like your program doesn't have the visibility of the Cloudscape drivers. Are they correctly part of the classpath of your program?

Regards

About | Sitemap | Contact