dcsimg
Writing the keys typed on the keyboard!_NEWLINE_!Writing into a text file without any GUI interface.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 30, 2002 04:56 AM

I want to store the keys typed by the user into a file, say "keys.txt" using the Java application. Remember, I don't need any GUI(AWT or SWING). I just type the keys on the keyboard and it should write the keys as it is into the text file. That is, without any GUI interaction (no AWT, no SWING interfaces, just a command line java application), the application should run independently as a Windows NT Server 4.0 Task for which I will set the time to start. The application should start running at that specific time period, (and run continuously for 3-4 hrs.) and has to capture the keys whatever I typed blindly on the keyboard, it should write into the same text file.    More>>

I want to store the keys typed by the user into a file, say "keys.txt" using the Java application.

Remember, I don't need any GUI(AWT or SWING). I just type the keys on the keyboard and it should write the keys as it is into the text file.

That is, without any GUI interaction (no AWT, no SWING interfaces, just a command line java application), the application should run independently as a Windows NT Server 4.0 Task for which I will set the time to start.

The application should start running at that specific time period, (and run continuously for 3-4 hrs.) and has to capture the keys whatever I typed blindly on the keyboard, it should write into the same text file.

I may type the keys in the text fields of the browser say, IE or I may type the keys in the text fields through some other application, say MS Visual Basic or MS Visual C++, my application should be run as a thread and write the keys typed into some text file using some delemiter for every 15 characters.

Irrespective of th the application through which I am typing the keys, the application should write the keys into the text file.

Since, I am in the middle of the project, I need it very urgent.

<<Less

Re: Writing the keys typed on the keyboard!_NEWLINE_!Writing into a text file without any GUI interface.

Posted By:   Duncan_Forster  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 30, 2002 05:24 AM

Shooting from the hip I would say, assuming you want 100% pure java, it is not possible. To do that you would need to implement a system hook using native code and then access this code from java. Remember java is platform independent.
About | Sitemap | Contact