dcsimg
Max DataLoad handled by RMI
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amit_Kushwaha
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 29, 2002 02:36 AM

Hi All, We are using an RMI server object to transfer all the data from an Oracle database. Basically, this object has a collection of methods that return the data in String arrays or Vectors. I wanted to know wether there is any restriction on the amount of data that can be passed thru a server object back to the client. And if such a limitation exists then what would be the largest chunk that could be transferred. Also we need to transfer files between clients. Is there a limitation on the max file size that can be handled by RMI ? Also if someone could point me towards bandwidth usage and efficiency it would be very helpful. I guess using sockets would be a better thing to do, but I don't have any/much experienc   More>>

Hi All,

We are using an RMI server object to transfer all the data from an Oracle database. Basically, this object has a collection of methods that return the data in String arrays or Vectors. I wanted to know wether there is any restriction on the amount of data that can be passed thru a server object back to the client. And if such a limitation exists then what would be the largest chunk that could be transferred.

Also we need to transfer files between clients. Is there a limitation on the max file size that can be handled by RMI ? Also if someone could point me towards bandwidth usage and efficiency it would be very helpful. I guess using sockets would be a better thing to do, but I don't have any/much experience in that.

Thanks for your answer.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact