dcsimg
Handling distributed databases in Java
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   VenkataReddy_Vajrala
Posted On:   Monday, January 28, 2002 08:09 PM

Hi, I have an architectural problem in maintaining consistency between globally distributed databases. I am developing a banking application using Java. The bank has several branches located in various countries. All the branches will be coordinated from a central location. The central location will have a database, and each branch will have its own database, so as to function in offline mode in case of connection failure. For each transaction, that is made by a branch, both the central databse, and the branch database should get updated. How do we handle the transactions, and failures in this scenario? Could any one suggest me with a design solution for this? thanks in advance. Venkat.    More>>

Hi,

I have an architectural problem in maintaining consistency between globally distributed databases.

I am developing a banking application using Java. The bank has several branches located in various countries. All the branches will be coordinated from a central location. The central location will have a database, and each branch will have its own database, so as to function in offline mode in case of connection failure. For each transaction, that is made by a branch, both the central databse, and the branch database should get updated.

How do we handle the transactions, and failures in this scenario? Could any one suggest me with a design solution for this?

thanks in advance.

Venkat.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact