Caching Search Results from DB Query?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Latta
Posted On:   Monday, January 28, 2002 05:49 PM

Looking for examples of code or implementations of caching designs. Have an application that will query Siebel DB and will return a list of row ids pertaining to customer summary information (The row ids returned could be as large as 500 ids). The current thinking is to take the first 20 for instance and return the summary information for those row ids. On the page there would be buttons for next and previous search results. A pointer(cursor) would remember the position of the last item shown and then add 20 (or whatever the prescribed number of results to show on each page), go back to the DB with these row ids and return their summary information. What is the ideal mechanism/object for storing this kind of information. I would want to avoid the session. Is there    More>>

Looking for examples of code or implementations of caching designs. Have an application that will query Siebel DB and will return a list of row ids pertaining to customer summary information (The row ids returned could be as large as 500 ids). The current thinking is to take the first 20 for instance and return the summary information for those row ids. On the page there would be buttons for next and previous search results. A pointer(cursor) would remember the position of the last item shown and then add 20 (or whatever the prescribed number of results to show on each page), go back to the DB with these row ids and return their summary information. What is the ideal mechanism/object for storing this kind of information. I would want to avoid the session. Is there a better way? I would personally like to take advantage of the Pager Tag Lib provided by JspTags.com which returns a page indexing utility similar to Google's and Alta Vista's. Why not go ahead and get say 200 summary results, then once you reach the end of the file, requery the DB for the next 200. Still the question is how and where do I store the collection of information. Thanks for your help in advance.

-Jason

<<Less

Re: Caching Search Results from DB Query?

Posted By:   sam_pitroda  
Posted On:   Monday, January 28, 2002 07:07 PM

why dont you send page information in the request itself ?
About | Sitemap | Contact