Making executable(EXE) file from ".class" file
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Sunday, January 27, 2002 07:47 PM

I want to know is there any possibility that I can make my ".class" file into an executable file. I just want to make it executable coz every user is not familiar with usage of compiling and running java programmes from DOS mode.

I wanna make it executable that encapsulates my file having ".class" extension and easily useable for everyone, in other words a user friendly application.

Please do reply me as early as possible coz I have finished my application an djust wanna convert it to EXE file.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Making executable(EXE) file from ".class" file

Posted By:   Alexander_Zynevich  
Posted On:   Monday, January 28, 2002 05:51 AM

Try IBM's HPJ compiler! I used it on mainframe only.
But version for PC is present too...

It compiles java to native code and included in some editions
of Visual Age For Java

Kind Regards,

Alexander Zynevich (zynevich@mail.ru)
Brainbench MVP for Java 1

ps. By the way: HPJ compiler -- high perfomance java compiler :) it may increase performance of you code!!!

Re: Making executable(EXE) file from ".class" file

Posted By:   Gautam_Shah  
Posted On:   Sunday, January 27, 2002 08:11 PM

I think you are looking for an executable jar file. just pack all of your project files in a jar according to the package speifications. and then add some attribute in the manifest file like "Main-Class" , "Classpath" . by doing this your applications main file will automatically be executed from windows explorer on making a double click on it. and user don't have to go on dos prompt to run your application. the conversion in .exe format is so far from my sense.

Gautam Shah
About | Sitemap | Contact