Tomcat supporting EBCDIC (or any local-codepage)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dario_Franceschi
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 22, 2002 10:29 AM

I am looking for a simple and cost-effective servlet engine for the IBM EBCDIC UNIX/390 (OMVS) platform. The short version of my question is: Has anyone "ported/fixed" Tomcat to function (properly) with EBCDIC? I only manage to get it running using ascii encoded html/jsp pages... Does anybody have an idea about some other cost-effective servlet engine for OS/390? Full story on what I tried out: I moved TOMCAT 3.3 to the host using SAMBA (which does the ascii/ebcdic conversion for *.html *.jsp files, and leaves binary files intact) And managed to get it running (after changing encoding tags to "Cp1140", in the *.xml files), but    More>>

I am looking for a simple and cost-effective servlet engine for the IBM EBCDIC UNIX/390 (OMVS) platform.

The short version of my question is: Has anyone "ported/fixed" Tomcat to function (properly) with EBCDIC?

I only manage to get it running using ascii encoded html/jsp pages...

Does anybody have an idea about some other cost-effective servlet engine for OS/390?

Full story on what I tried out:
I moved TOMCAT 3.3 to the host using SAMBA (which does the ascii/ebcdic conversion for *.html *.jsp files, and leaves binary files intact) And managed to get it running (after changing encoding tags to "Cp1140", in the *.xml files), but noticed that the stream-handlers does not use the "JVM-default" codepage, when reading the html/jsp files from the filesystem..

From an amatures point of view this problem seems quite easy to fix?

Could this problem have been cured in V4?

Any comments or ideás would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
Dario.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact