Force a browser client to make an additional request.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jason_winders
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 22, 2002 09:23 AM

Is there any way to force a client that has sent an initial request to send another follow up? I am attempting to write a tag that tests for whether or not cookies are enabled.(Both session and long term) In that tag, I plan to send a cookie to the client and need to force a client to make another request to see if it is sent back. I know that the ServletRequest class has methods to get the getRemoteAddr(); requesters info, but I have to deal with customers that are behind a NAT firewall, so I am not sure that this will help. Are keep-alives a feasible solution? This tag will simply be used to warn users that they need cookies enabled to continue with the use of the site.

Re: Force a browser client to make an additional request.

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 22, 2002 09:29 AM

jason, why don't you just forward them to a warning page stating they need cookies enabled and a link back to the original page once they have enabled cookies? I do not think keep-alive would be of much value. Also, you may only have client re-request with the Refresh in the header but I am not sure that is what you want to do since you really want clients to enable cookies before re-submitting. so tell them that in a warning page and provide a link back to the original page. if original page is a form which they filled out and you do not want them to fill it out again, store the values on the first request so that you can populate the form once they have enabled the cookies and resent the request.
About | Sitemap | Contact