Trouble with mapping.findForward() on Resin 2.0.3
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Crossman
Posted On:   Friday, January 18, 2002 01:32 PM

I am running Solaris 2.7, Apache 1.3.19, Resin 2.0.3 + mod_caucho, JDK 1.3.1_01 and Struts 1.0. An ActionServlet in one of my Struts apps has the following code: public final class UploadNowAction extends Action { public ActionForward perform(...) throws IOException, ServletException { ... return( mapping.findForward("goToStart") ); } } and the following struts-config.xml: scope="request"> Start.jsp contains no forward() statements. When that "return( mapping.findForward("goToStart") );" is executed, control is passed to Start.jsp and on to the Resin homepage. This is the only pla   More>>

I am running Solaris 2.7, Apache 1.3.19, Resin 2.0.3 + mod_caucho, JDK 1.3.1_01 and Struts 1.0. An ActionServlet in one of my Struts apps has the following code:

public final class UploadNowAction extends Action {
public ActionForward perform(...) throws IOException, ServletException
{
return( mapping.findForward("goToStart") );
}
}

and the following struts-config.xml:

scope="request">

Start.jsp contains no forward() statements. When that "return( mapping.findForward("goToStart") );" is executed, control is passed to Start.jsp and on to the Resin homepage. This is the only place I've seen this problem, despite the fact that we have MANY apps running on Struts and doing these kinds of forwards?! Why would this not work?

Could there be a conflict with the    <<Less

Re: Trouble with mapping.findForward() on Resin 2.0.3

Posted By:   Ted_Husted  
Posted On:   Sunday, January 20, 2002 04:40 AM

There must be something screwy in the Start.jsp page.
I'd clear the work buffer where Resin stores the compiled
versions of the JSP templates, to be sure it gets a clean
recompile. And then recode the Start.jsp from scratch
if that didn't work.

HTH - Ted.

About | Sitemap | Contact