i am getting javax.mail.MessagingException: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel.with my javaMail program. can any one help
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, January 18, 2002 12:03 PM

DEBUG SMTP SENT: MAIL FROM: DEBUG SMTP RCVD: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. You must be pop-authenticated before you can use this smtp server, and you must use your yahoo mail address for the Sender/From field. javax.mail.MessagingException: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. You must be pop-authenticated before you can use this smtp server, and you must use your yahoo mail address for the Sender/From field. at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:707) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:486) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:305) at MailExample1.main(MailExample1.java:49)    More>>

DEBUG SMTP SENT: MAIL FROM:
DEBUG SMTP RCVD: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. You must be pop-authenticated before you can use this smtp server, and you must use your yahoo mail address for the Sender/From field.

javax.mail.MessagingException: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. You
must be pop-authenticated before you can use this smtp server, and you must use your yahoo mail address for the Sender/From field.

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:707)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:486)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:305)
at MailExample1.main(MailExample1.java:49)

<<Less

Re: i am getting javax.mail.MessagingException: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel.with my javaMail program. can any one help

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 24, 2002 08:43 PM

Your question is already answered in the FAQ. It also helps if you read the exception stack dump.

Re: i am getting javax.mail.MessagingException: 521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel.with my javaMail program. can any one help

Posted By:   Manal_Aboujtila  
Posted On:   Monday, January 21, 2002 02:13 AM

Hi there,
i am bulding a javamail client and i had the same error to , then I found out that yahoo smtp mail server needs authentication before allowing you to send mail so you should include the next lines in your code:

Properties properties = System.getProperties();
String smtphost="smtp.mail.yahoo.com"
properties.put("mail.smtp.host", smtphost);
properties.put("mail.smtp.auth", "true");
Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(properties);

then when you connect use this:>>

transport.connect(smtphost,username,password);

if you need further help contact me at manol@onebox.com

yala salam
About | Sitemap | Contact