<strong>Requested Resources Not Available</strong>
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Douglas_Michael
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 16, 2002 09:39 AM

I have a jsp file (index.jsp) in the contacts/ directory calling a servlet called search.java. search.java calls the target update.jsp. When I post from update.jsp, it calls update.java and everything works fine. However, when I attempt to get back to the original index.jsp to start over again my URL has changed to the servlet directory. When I attempt to go back to the path that I started from, in order to execute the index.jsp page, it can't call my servlets. Inside my servlets, after they are done executing, I am attempting to forward the request to the target like so: public String target="/contacts/index.jsp"; // Forward the request to the target named Serv   More>>

I have a jsp file (index.jsp) in the contacts/ directory calling a servlet called search.java.

search.java calls the target update.jsp.

When I post from update.jsp, it calls update.java and everything works fine. However, when I attempt to get back to the original index.jsp to start over again my URL has changed to the servlet directory. When I attempt to go back to the path that I started from, in order to execute the index.jsp page, it can't call my servlets.

Inside my servlets, after they are done executing, I am attempting to forward the request to the target like so:

public String target="/contacts/index.jsp";

// Forward the request to the target named

ServletContext context = getServletContext();

System.err.println("Redirecting to " + target);

RequestDispatcher dispatcher = context.getRequestDispatcher(target);

dispatcher.forward(request, response);

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Doug

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact