Urgent! Help needed on sending mail from local network
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   my_35
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 15, 2002 09:17 PM

I'm developing a system to enable the users to send mail through their smtp server (Yahoo, etc). The codes run perfectly at my home PC which is connected to Internet via telephone line. But I got the following exception when I run the codes at school lab. Another thing that puzzled me is that I'm using smtp.mail.yahoo.com as my smtp server, but instead I got the exception below: Exception: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.tm.net.my, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect Please help. Thanks.    More>>

I'm developing a system to enable the users to send mail through their smtp server (Yahoo, etc). The codes run perfectly at my home PC which is connected to Internet via telephone line. But I got the following exception when I run the codes at school lab. Another thing that puzzled me is that I'm using smtp.mail.yahoo.com as my smtp server, but instead I got the exception below:

Exception:

javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.tm.net.my, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect

Please help. Thanks.

<<Less

Re: Urgent! Help needed on sending mail from local network

Posted By:   julien_cool  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 16, 2002 12:20 AM

an another possibility is that you can't go out of your school lab (a filter or something) and it's the reason why you got a time out.

you should ask your school lab system admin

hope it may help

Re: Urgent! Help needed on sending mail from local network

Posted By:   julien_cool  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 16, 2002 12:17 AM

I think that for some reason the time to establish connection is too long and you are kick out of the server.

You could put a timeout property to your connection to the smtp. I don't remember the exact name but it is in this forum or the mailing list on java.sun.com.

Anyway, it seems odd that you could connect from home with a phone line and not from your organization!!

About | Sitemap | Contact