dcsimg
421 Too many errors on this connection -- closing Any idea???
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   julien_cool
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 15, 2002 03:44 AM

Hi everybody, I am using javamail 1.2 to send email with attachements of an average 500kb to several people (around 50) in my organization. The files send to each are differents so i have no mean to throttle the number of mails i am sending. My problem is that I am using a single SMTP connection to do the job. After about 20 mails sent the connection is broken. I see in the forum that some people have already face the same problem.i want to know if there is a limitation of mails sent by connection or session. PS : I don't save message before sending , may it be the cause of the connection falling down but i don't see why!!    More>>

Hi everybody,

I am using javamail 1.2 to send email with attachements of an average 500kb to several people (around 50) in my organization. The files send to each are differents so i have no mean to throttle the number of mails i am sending.

My problem is that I am using a single SMTP connection to do the job. After about 20 mails sent the connection is broken. I see in the forum that some people have already face the same problem.i want to know if there is a limitation of mails sent by connection or session.

PS : I don't save message before sending , may it be the cause of the connection falling down but i don't see why!!

<<Less

Re: 421 Too many errors on this connection -- closing Any idea???

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 17, 2002 11:36 PM

I believe you also sent this to the JavaMail mailing list. As was mentioned there....some mail servers have a configuration setting for how many messages can be sent across a single session. Try checking this setting and increasing, or counting, and reconnecting after hitting the limit.
About | Sitemap | Contact