Java_Home
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   matthew_magliocca
Posted On:   Friday, January 11, 2002 06:43 PM

I keep trying to set Java_Home in the systems config window below the PATH variable (Windows ME) but it always says it is not set. Come to think of it, I don't think ANT_HOME setts correctly either, the software probably just finds it.
I have my jdk in the C folder. The same with my ant folder. What should I set the environment variables to?

Re: Java_Home

Posted By:   Shane_Curcuru  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 23, 2002 01:28 PM

Ok, so this is a tangent, but: think outside the box. If you just want to find out what Ant *version* is running at a certain time, then just use some Ant task inside your build.xml to query this and print it out. (I think you can just ask for ${ant.version} or something). This sounds like a much more reliable solution than trying to hack batch files before Ant is even executed.

This does not necessarily answer which physical ant.jar is loaded for the build, but does that really matter? Unless your developers are messing about with recompiling and re-jarring their own ant.jar files, the version number should be enough.

If all else fails, investigate using the org.apache.env.Which tool that reports version numbers, including Ant, found at http://xml.apache.org/commons/

Re: Java_Home

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Saturday, January 12, 2002 04:46 PM

Set JAVA_HOME to your JDK directory (i.e. SET JAVA_HOME=C:JDK1.3.1 perhaps). No need to set ANT_HOME, simply place Ant's bin directory in your path and type 'ant'. ANT_HOME is computed automatically relative to where the executing ant.bat resides.
About | Sitemap | Contact