How to configure java web server 1.1 to handle servlet request from remote host
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mallikh_rao
Posted On:   Friday, January 11, 2002 01:53 AM

i have java web server (version 1.1) and a dedicated leased line which is used for ftp(ie., a ftp server).which is having a public ip. ( i can access the ftp site from any remote location with username and password). i can open the html pages from the site (ip).now i want to access servlets for the same, how to configure the web server so that a remote user can view the my servlet also. *(note) i know that the request has to be given at the client side http://ip:8080/servlet/servletname i am intrested to know the configuration of web server to access servlets from a remoth host please reply at mallikh@sify.com    More>>

i have java web server (version 1.1) and a dedicated leased line which is
used for ftp(ie., a ftp server).which is having a public ip.
( i can access the ftp site from any remote

location with username and password).
i can open the html pages from the site
(ip).now i want to access servlets for the same,
how to configure the web server so that a remote user
can view the my servlet also.

*(note) i know that the request has to be given
at the client side

http://ip:8080/servlet/servletname

i am intrested to know

the configuration of web server to access servlets from a remoth host
please reply at mallikh@sify.com

<<Less

Re: How to configure java web server 1.1 to handle servlet request from remote host

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, January 11, 2002 06:11 AM

I would suggest you to go to the Apache Jakarta project web site and download Tomcat.

I'm not sure that Java Web Server is supported anymore, and it uses an old version of the servlet api. Tomcat is Sun's official reference implementation for the latest release of servlet, it has a good web server included and it has a lot of documentation and support (there is a Topic here on jGuru), and it is pretty easy to make it working.

Regards

About | Sitemap | Contact