Resolving full path with pathconvert
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mark_Bice
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 9, 2002 03:43 PM

I am trying to echo out the resolved full path of a property that is defined earlier in the ant script using relative notation. I have something like (when running from c: est): --> --> The idea is that calling makeBuildDir will either make the dir (echoing out the full path in the results) or call checkBuildDir to echo out the found dir with the full path resolved. I'd like to end up being able to echo c: est uild in both cases to show my users where they have resolved their build tree to. I'm using pathconvert this way so that it shold be po   More>>

I am trying to echo out the resolved full path of a property that is defined earlier in the ant script using relative notation. I have something like (when running from c: est):

The idea is that calling makeBuildDir will either make the dir (echoing out the full path in the results) or call checkBuildDir to echo out the found dir with the full path resolved.

I'd like to end up being able to echo c: est uild in both cases to show my users where they have resolved their build tree to. I'm using pathconvert this way so that it shold be portable.

Using pathconvert, the two commented out choices for defining the path seem to work, but the middle one (as shown) gives the following error:

checkBuildDir:
Overriding previous definition of reference to build.path
[echo] Building to C: est uild

Is this a bug or have I defined the path element wrong? Is there a better or easier way to do this?

Thanks,
Mark    <<Less

Re: Resolving full path with pathconvert

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 9, 2002 04:24 PM

Also, you get the override message because you are overriding a previously defined somewhere in your build file. Its not an error, just an informational message and had the same effect as the other commented out sections you listed.

Re: Resolving full path with pathconvert

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 9, 2002 04:20 PM

If you want to resolve a relative path to the full path, use the location variant of .

About | Sitemap | Contact