"Class declaration expected" and "Class not found" errors?????
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Joost_Schouten
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 8, 2002 10:15 AM

Hi, When I try to load my tutorial dbConnect.jsp file, my tomcat server throws me the following exceptions: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP C:Program Filesjakarta-tomcat-4.0.1worklocalhostjsp-eduSession 20dbConnect$jsp.java:4: Class or interface declaration expected. import javax.servlet.*; C:Program Filesjakarta-tomcat-4.0.1worklocalhostjsp-eduSession 20dbConnect$jsp.java:10: Superclass org.apache.jsp.HttpJspBase of class org.apache.jsp.dbConnect$jsp not found. public class dbConnect$jsp extends HttpJspBase { I seriously do not know where to start looking for the mistake. Cause I took this file straight from the tutori   More>>

Hi,

When I try to load my tutorial dbConnect.jsp file, my tomcat server throws me the following exceptions:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

C:Program Filesjakarta-tomcat-4.0.1worklocalhostjsp-eduSession 20dbConnect$jsp.java:4: Class or interface declaration expected.
import javax.servlet.*;

C:Program Filesjakarta-tomcat-4.0.1worklocalhostjsp-eduSession 20dbConnect$jsp.java:10: Superclass org.apache.jsp.HttpJspBase of class org.apache.jsp.dbConnect$jsp not found.

public class dbConnect$jsp extends HttpJspBase {

I seriously do not know where to start looking for the mistake. Cause I took this file straight from the tutorial CD, and in the book they don’t tell me anything about it not working.

please help, I did all I could. Thanks

Joost

<<Less

Re: "Class declaration expected" and "Class not found" errors?????

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 8, 2002 10:57 AM

can you give the code to dbConnect.jsp
About | Sitemap | Contact