dcsimg
What are the different RMI protocols and what protocols are supported in what jdk versions ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Arun_Sethi
Posted On:   Saturday, January 5, 2002 08:50 PM

Per my understanding RMI has bacialy 2 protcols A) Sun's JRMP protocol (this is the standard RMI Protocol being used in all the RMI communications) and to invoke a remote object on another JVM you use rmi:// protocol URL as rmi://host/object Question: 1. Is this correct ?, I mean do we invoke a remote object as rmi://host/object or jrmp://host/object 2. In other words is RMI and JRMP two diffrent protocols or are these one and the same thing and just two different names given to the same protocol ? 3. What jdk version supports this rmi:// or JRMP protocol B) RMI IIOP communication is supported from jdk 1.3 onw   More>>

Per my understanding RMI has bacialy 2 protcols

A) Sun's JRMP protocol (this is the standard RMI Protocol being used in all the RMI communications) and to invoke a remote object on another JVM you use rmi:// protocol URL as rmi://host/object

Question:

1. Is this correct ?, I mean do we invoke a remote object as rmi://host/object or jrmp://host/object

2. In other words is RMI and JRMP two diffrent protocols or are these one and the same thing and just two different names given to the same protocol ?

3. What jdk version supports this rmi:// or JRMP protocol

B) RMI IIOP communication is supported from jdk 1.3 onwards. is this true ?

thanks
Arun

<<Less

Re: What are the different RMI protocols and what protocols are supported in what jdk versions ?

Posted By:   zhebin_cong  
Posted On:   Monday, January 21, 2002 06:17 PM

the RMI/IIOP and JRMP are different protocol,the JRMP is sun special protocol,operating on TCP/IP,as i know,all version of the rmi support it.
the RMI/IIOP is newer,it is developed by sun cooperating with ibm,it can interoperate with CORBA.
About | Sitemap | Contact