Can I use LDAP to check whether the user of my application has logged on the Win2000 domain?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   roy_ngan
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 2, 2002 04:08 AM

I want to use LDAP to integrate my application with Windows authentication. As long as the user has already logged in with the Win2000 domain, my application does not require the user to input password anymore. Could anyone tell me whether this is fesible, and if possible provide me a hint on how to do it? I know that Win2000 provides the Active Directory as a LDAP server. My application can get the user password, and then asks the Active Directory to authenticate whether the password is the same as the Win2000 password. But what I want is not like this. I want my application even does not need to ask for any password. Much appreciated for providing the help. Regards, Roy    More>>

I want to use LDAP to integrate my application with Windows authentication. As long as the user has already logged in with the Win2000 domain, my application does not require the user to input password anymore. Could anyone tell me whether this is fesible, and if possible provide me a hint on how to do it?

I know that Win2000 provides the Active Directory as a LDAP server. My application can get the user password, and then asks the Active Directory to authenticate whether the password is the same as the Win2000 password. But what I want is not like this. I want my application even does not need to ask for any password.

Much appreciated for providing the help.

Regards,

Roy

<<Less

Re: Can I use LDAP to check whether the user of my application has logged on the Win2000 domain?

Posted By:   Kullervo_Kala  
Posted On:   Monday, January 28, 2002 04:22 AM

You don't need LDAP to check currently
logged on user.

You can see that simply:
java.lang.System.getProperty("user.name");

But you might want to check with LDAP
if that user has a role that entitles
him to use your application.

Anyway the problematics that you are describing are more general than JNDI and LDAP stuff. Check out what JAAS has to offer.

About | Sitemap | Contact