dcsimg
Returning a value to the calling JSP
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Phillip_Schpok
Posted On:   Monday, December 31, 2001 06:10 AM

Dear Sirs: My problem is as follows: I have a JSP in the upper frame of the browser that accepts search conditions from the user and then calls a servlet that executes a select statement and displays the results in the lower frame. However, I need to 'send back' to that JSP the number of rows that were selected by the servlet. I couldn't get redirection to work because a) I don't know how to send a parameter with redirection and b)I don't know how to 'redirect' to the upper frame of the browser. I finally ended up using the following 'Fred Flintstone' solution: This sends an HTML to the browser that calls the JSP file with the user's input. I   More>>

Dear Sirs:
My problem is as follows: I have a JSP
in the upper frame of the browser that
accepts search conditions from the user
and then calls a servlet that executes a
select statement and displays the results in the lower frame. However, I need to 'send back' to that JSP the number of rows that were selected by the
servlet. I couldn't get redirection to work because a) I don't know how to send a parameter with redirection and b)I don't know how to 'redirect' to the upper frame of the browser. I finally ended up using the following 'Fred Flintstone' solution:

This sends an HTML to the browser that calls the JSP file with the user's input. I am wondering if there is a less primitive way of accomplishing the same thing.
Thank you,
P. Schpok    <<Less

Re: Returning a value to the calling JSP

Posted By:   Mittal_Bhiogade  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 1, 2002 08:01 PM

I am assuming that in the upper frame u want to display the number of records that were found for search string,
in the servlet as u r getting the no. of record count, u can put that record count value in the "session" or "attach to request object" and retrieve at the upper frame.
About | Sitemap | Contact