Where to store the Midlet Files?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shridhar_N
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 25, 2001 10:59 PM

Hello Friends I have some doubts regarding J2ME, please help me.. -- In the actual scenario Where are these Midlet Class files are Stored , i mean in which server are these class files stored,, Is there any special server where these files are stored or can i store these files in Tomact Server (creating a new Context..).. -- How to invoke these files.. -- Initially we need to Download these files in our Mobile sets.. How to Download these Files on our mobile phones..? -- Is there any method in J2ME with the help of which i can make phone calls to the Mobile .. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Shridhar..    More>>

Hello Friends
I have some doubts regarding J2ME, please help me..

-- In the actual scenario Where are these Midlet Class files are Stored , i mean in which server are these class files stored,, Is there any special server where these files are stored or can i store these files in Tomact Server (creating a new Context..)..

-- How to invoke these files..

-- Initially we need to Download these files in our Mobile sets.. How to Download these Files on our mobile phones..?

-- Is there any method in J2ME with the help of which i can make phone calls to the Mobile ..

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Shridhar..

<<Less

Re: Where to store the Midlet Files?

Posted By:   Rommel_Feria  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 26, 2001 03:12 PM

Midlets can be stored in Web servers (not necessarily Tomcat servers). You can use a WAP server as well. You need to set the MIME Type in order for the server to properly interpret it.

Please check the Over-The-Air documentation from Sun.com to answer your question. You can also install the midlets by connecting your phone to a PC.

Making phone calls from within J2ME is not yet available but the next version, I have heard, will allow this. Some proprietary APIs (such as Siemens SDK) might allow you to do this.
About | Sitemap | Contact