NotSerializableExeption even though the Object is Serializable
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ivn_Tcakov
Posted On:   Thursday, December 20, 2001 03:17 PM

Hello, I have created a class called plot2D which extends an Applet and implements Serializable. It contains many other objects and components within itself. From a different class I loded a Vector of Plot2D-s and when I try to save ot to a file, it gives me a java.io.NotSerializableExeption: musr.client.plot2d.Plot2D$3. I don't understand why. i thought that it might be because Plot2D might contain an Object that is not Serilizable but wouldn't in that case the exception point out to that other Object rather than to Plot2D? And what does $3 mean? If anyone has an idea why this doesn't work, would you have any suggestions to what the problem might be? Thanks Ivan    More>>

Hello,
I have created a class called plot2D which extends an Applet and implements Serializable. It contains many other objects and components within itself. From a different class I loded a Vector of Plot2D-s and when I try to save ot to a file, it gives me a java.io.NotSerializableExeption: musr.client.plot2d.Plot2D$3. I don't understand why.
i thought that it might be because Plot2D might contain an Object that is not Serilizable but wouldn't in that case the exception point out to that other Object rather than to Plot2D? And what does $3 mean?
If anyone has an idea why this doesn't work, would you have any suggestions to what the problem might be?
Thanks
Ivan

<<Less

Re: NotSerializableExeption even though the Object is Serializable

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Friday, December 21, 2001 05:49 AM

does Plot2D have any inner classes?
About | Sitemap | Contact