native rendering in Swing-components
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 19, 2001 03:31 AM

Hi, I want to show images and movies in a Swing-application? For the images I can use JAI, but for the movies JMF doesn't support all necessary formats. That's hy I want to show these movies via native code. I searched on how to do that and only found it in combination with AWT. Isn't possible to do that with Swing? I know AWT-components have their own peer that can be used to render natively, but doesn't Swing-components also have a peer (they do extend Component, so why not)? If not I need to place these AWT-Canvases on a JScrollPane but they always overlap the scrollbars, probably because they are hevyweight components. How can this be solved? Thanks for any help.    More>>

Hi,

I want to show images and movies in a Swing-application? For the images I can use JAI, but for the movies JMF doesn't support all necessary formats. That's hy I want to show these movies via native code.

I searched on how to do that and only found it in combination with AWT. Isn't possible to do that with Swing? I know AWT-components have their own peer that can be used to render natively, but doesn't Swing-components also have a peer (they do extend Component, so why not)?
If not I need to place these AWT-Canvases on a JScrollPane but they always overlap the scrollbars, probably because they are hevyweight components. How can this be solved?

Thanks for any help.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact