Help on MD5 and LDAP userPassword stored
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Cholo_Castaneda
Posted On:   Monday, December 17, 2001 10:12 PM

I am to verify username and password entered in an appliction on an LDAP database. How do I compare passwords where the userpassword stored on the LDAP is MD5 encrypted? Could anyone give me code segments? I am trying to use the MessageDigest class but gives me a different result from the userpassword retrieved? Thanks!

Re: Help on MD5 and LDAP userPassword stored

Posted By:   Loyd_Bacani  
Posted On:   Monday, March 11, 2002 12:46 PM

Can you reverse/decrypt the password stored in LDAP back to clear text? For example, if your password is "abc123xyz" after digesting it would become "{SHA}sdkdI7dk39s...3435se" using the SHA. Is there something (specific) I can use to decrypt it back to "abc123xyz".

I would appreciate a any comment or suggestion.

Posted By:   simon_r  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 9, 2002 02:36 PM

I think Netscape uses SHA-1 encryption. http://developer.netscape.com/docs/technote/ldap/pass_sha.html has the detail algorithm how it works and examples in both perl and java. You will need Sun's Base64Encoder.java and Base64Decoder.java.

Posted By:   jomson_wang  
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 25, 2001 07:18 PM

I think you can connect the ldap server by the username /password. The Exception will occur if your username /password is error.
by the way, I don't know how to get the real password from ldap.but you can change the password after connecting by root/password
About | Sitemap | Contact