dcsimg
Signed Applet on MAC : dont load with Netscape 4.5, and security exception with IE5 and MRJ2.2.5.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Philippe_Cuisset
Posted On:   Friday, December 14, 2001 06:33 AM

My applet uploads a local disk file to the server. This applet is signed with a Thawte Certificate and packed in a cab and a jar. It works fine on Windows with IE 5 and Nescape 4.5. 1- The applet cannot load in Netscape 4.5 on MacOs 8.6 and 9 (main class not found) 2- It works correctly in IE5 on MAcOs 8.6 and 9 with MRJ 2.2.5., but I get a read check security exception when trying to open a file chooser. I conclude that the signing of the cab is ignored by MRJ 2.2.5. Informations or ideas to fix problem 1 and 2 (even with different versions of browser and MRJ) is welcome. Thanks Philippe    More>>

My applet uploads a local disk file to the server. This applet is signed with a Thawte Certificate and packed in a cab and a jar.

It works fine on Windows with IE 5 and Nescape 4.5.

1- The applet cannot load in Netscape 4.5 on MacOs 8.6 and 9 (main class not found)

2- It works correctly in IE5 on MAcOs 8.6 and 9 with MRJ 2.2.5., but I get a read check security exception when trying to open a file chooser.
I conclude that the signing of the cab is ignored by MRJ 2.2.5.

Informations or ideas to fix problem 1 and 2 (even with different versions of browser and MRJ) is welcome.

Thanks

Philippe

<<Less

Re: Signed Applet on MAC : dont load with Netscape 4.5, and security exception with IE5 and MRJ2.2.5.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, January 21, 2002 08:46 AM

Hi Philippe.

I've got exactly the same problem except that my applet do not load local files to the server but only launch executable local applications.

If you find a solution, I'm really interested by it.

Thanks.

JYves.
About | Sitemap | Contact