dcsimg
problem writing to a file
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manish_Singh
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 12, 2001 10:41 PM

i have a problem i have a html form set to utf-8 and with two parameters one "name" and the other is a hidden input type "charset" with value utf-8. i pass these values to jsp. which reads the name and charset and write it down onto a file the code i have used is here:- string text = req.getparameter("name"); StringBufferInputStream sb=new StringBufferInputStream( text); InputStreamReader irs=new InputStreamReader(sb, charset); BufferedReader in=new BufferedReader(irs); FileOutputStream fos=new FileOutputStream(new File("frm2.txt")); OutputStreamWriter osw=new OutputStreamWriter(fos, charset); Buffer   More>>

i have a problem
i have a html form set to utf-8 and with two parameters one "name" and the other is a hidden input type "charset" with value utf-8. i pass these values to jsp. which reads the name and charset and write it down onto a file the code i have used is here:-

string text = req.getparameter("name");

StringBufferInputStream sb=new StringBufferInputStream( text);

InputStreamReader irs=new InputStreamReader(sb, charset);

BufferedReader in=new BufferedReader(irs);

FileOutputStream fos=new FileOutputStream(new File("frm2.txt"));

OutputStreamWriter osw=new OutputStreamWriter(fos, charset);

BufferedWriter bw=new BufferedWriter(osw);

//loop to write to a file

int len=800;

char buf[]=new char[len];

int numRead;

while((numRead=in.read(buf))!=-1);

bw.write(buf);

bw.close();

in.close();

out.println("File created successfully");

as you see i have mentioned charset as my encodeing everywhere. but whwn i run this code it shows me an exception called MalformedIOexception. can you helpme?
i want to keep everything utf-8 so as to support other languages also

please help me i want to have multilingual file!!!!!    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact