How to make a .properties file for Korean characters?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sanjay_Srinivas
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 12, 2001 06:33 AM

I am developing an internationalized application where I need to support Spanish and Korean clients. My development environment is Weblogic 6.1, Jdk1.3 on Win200. Production environment is Solaris. I am using the i18n.tld tag library provided by weblogic and am creating the various resource bundles. Thus I use the getMessage tag to retieve values from the bundle. My problem is this: The client needs to be able to change the .properties file himself. This will mean that he needs to know the Unicode value for every character he types. This is obviously not feasible. Is there a workaround for this? Also, are there any converters which will take a file which have foreign characters and give the file   More>>

I am developing an internationalized application where I need to support Spanish and Korean clients.
My development environment is Weblogic 6.1, Jdk1.3 on Win200. Production environment is Solaris.

I am using the i18n.tld tag library provided by weblogic and am creating the various resource bundles.
Thus I use the getMessage tag to retieve values from the bundle. My problem is this:

The client needs to be able to change the .properties file himself.
This will mean that he needs to know the Unicode value for every character he types.
This is obviously not feasible. Is there a workaround for this?

Also, are there any converters which will take a file which have foreign characters and give the file with corresponding Unicode values?

<<Less

Re: How can I make my application international?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 26, 2002 06:22 AM

Hi sanjay,

we want to internationalize our web-application based on struts-Architecture und web-logic 6.1.

we need to suport east Asian (Japan, chinese) and arabic languages.
The east asian languages are writing verticaly and also horizontaly..
Arabic are writing from right to left.
how is yours experiences with such adaptation.

thanks for your help.

best regards

Djelloul

Re: How to make a .properties file for Korean characters?

Posted By:   prasanna_devanathan  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 12, 2001 07:32 AM

hi,
I think the following url should clarify your doubt please do visit here.
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/internat/fontprop.html#naming

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/text/stream.html
About | Sitemap | Contact