No errors in bean, not in JSP...but in between?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Damic_Orion
Posted On:   Friday, December 7, 2001 05:20 AM

I guess I'm still a newbie, but let's try to explain to you. I have a bean and a jsp file. The bean compiles without any error, so that's fine. Now, when I call that class using the tag, and set-getProperties, it gives next errors: C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:168: 'else' without 'if'. else { ^ C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:184: 'catch' without 'try'. catch (Exception e) ^ C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:204: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'. } ^ C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:204: '}' expected. } ^ 4 errors    More>>

I guess I'm still a newbie, but let's try to explain to you. I have a bean and a jsp file. The bean compiles without any error, so that's fine.

Now, when I call that class using the tag, and set-getProperties, it gives next errors:

C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:168: 'else' without 'if'.
else {
^
C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:184: 'catch' without 'try'.
catch (Exception e)
^
C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:204: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'.
}
^
C:TeSsaclassesDemodocsmichaelloggedin2_sjsp_VERSION8.java:204: '}' expected.
}
^
4 errors

Now, I know what these errors mean, but I think it's strange they don't show up by compiling the bean. Does anyone know where I can find the faults (JSP, servlet(?), bean,..)?

Thanx in advance guys!    <<Less

Re: No errors in bean, not in JSP...but in between?

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Friday, December 7, 2001 06:36 AM

these errors are in JSP and not in your bean. so your bean compiles without a problem but you have logic errors in your JSP. JSP gets compiled into a servlet and your JSP, when compiled into a servlet, contains a bunch of logic errors. paste your JSP here so we can tell you exactly what the problem is.
About | Sitemap | Contact