Propagating principals from JAAS to App tier
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ram_Yeggina
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 4, 2001 02:50 AM

Hi I am using JAAS to create a Principal on the web tier. I am associating this principal to a subject. Now the EJB specs say it is the containers responsibilty to send the access control context from web tier to app tier which are 2 diffn JVMs. The problem is when I try to get the principal on the app tier in my session bean it is giving it as system which is Weblogics privilged user. That is Servlet Exec which I am using as the servlet runner is sending the app tier the default Java principal and not the JAAS principal to the app tier. How do I send my access control context from web tier to app tier so that i can retrieve my principals which i have assosciate   More>>

Hi

I am using JAAS to create a Principal on the web tier. I am associating this principal to a subject.

Now the EJB specs say it is the containers responsibilty to send the access control context from web tier to app tier which are 2 diffn JVMs.

The problem is when I try to get the principal on the app tier in my session bean it is giving it as system which is Weblogics privilged user. That is Servlet Exec which I am using as the servlet runner is sending the app tier the default Java principal and not the JAAS principal to the app tier.

How do I send my access control context from web tier to app tier so that i can retrieve my principals which i have assosciated on the web tier.

Thnx
Ram    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact