OCF vs Global Platform
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   tony_flanagan
Posted On:   Monday, December 3, 2001 07:07 AM

I'm currently researching the area of smartcard technology in order to develop a system utilising the most up to date hardware. I have come across the Open Card Framework and reviewed alot of documentation and it appears to fit all of my requirements, however I noticed that the opencard.org site has been very quiet since the beginning of 2000. Does anybody out there know why?? Since this observation I have been looking at Global Platform, again it appears to be complementary to what I'm doing but I'm curious: was OCF superceeded by OpenCard? Are they even comparable? I feel like I am missing some important information here, any response would be appreciated, thanks,
Tone

Re: OCF vs Global Platform

Posted By:   Julien_SIMON  
Posted On:   Monday, December 3, 2001 11:33 PM

OCF is a software standard dealing with client applications, i.e. software that will run on a terminal (like a PC) and access a smart card.

Global Platform is also a software standard, but this time dealing with the management of the smart card itself : life cycle management (application installation, deletion), storage of application-specific crypto keys, etc. Please refer to the FAQ for more information.

Hopefully, this will clear up the confusion :-)

About | Sitemap | Contact