I NEED HELP WITH JAVA..I DONT UNDERSTAND IT!!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   angel_80
Posted On:   Saturday, December 1, 2001 06:27 AM

im new at java..and i got an assignment to do. ive been tryin it for a week.but i jus cant seem to do it. so i decided to come to u for a help. Below is what i need to do : scenario A software system is to be developed for managing customer accounts of a bank. system should be able to manage any number of accounts, including account general information, and details of atleast 6 transactions for each account shown below. to simplify the matter the system does not require saving data to a disk file, but the data must be persistent during a runtime session of the system. Account details: Account holder name account number opening date current balance details of last 6 transactions.    More>>

im new at java..and i got an assignment to do. ive been tryin it for a week.but i jus cant seem to do it. so i decided to come to u for a help.

Below is what i need to do :

scenario

A software system is to be developed for managing customer accounts of a bank. system should be able to manage any number of accounts, including account general information, and details of atleast 6 transactions for each account shown below. to simplify the matter the system does not require saving data to a disk file, but the data must be persistent during a runtime session of the system.

Account details:
Account holder name
account number
opening date
current balance
details of last 6 transactions.

transaction details:
transaction type (viz. deposit, withdrawl)
transaction amount
trasaction date

task:

required to design a and implement a data structure BankAccount in javawhich allows system to provide the functionality provided in ADT(s) ie: array.list.stack,queues, etc.

1. create and add a new account to the system

2. create and add a new transaction for the existing accounts. note the system maintains information of only the last 6 transactions of the account.

3. given the account number, close and delete the accountfrom the system.

4. print on the computer screen a list of existing accountswith general detailsof each account.

5. given an account number, print on the computerscreen the details of the accounts last 6 transactions being sorted by transaction amounts. note that transaction amounts are positive numbers regardless if a trasaction is a withdrawl or a deposit.

6. provide an appropriate method which allows testing the above funtionality.

Please please help me!!! :O(

thank you!!!
Im in need of help please help me!    <<Less

Re: I NEED HELP WITH JAVA..I DONT UNDERSTAND IT!!

Posted By:   Jody_Brown  
Posted On:   Sunday, December 2, 2001 07:35 AM

First of all, get yourself a good Java book. There are plenty out there, but one I would recommend is Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Java". Not only is it well-written and contains some good examples and exercises, it is free. It can be downloaded by clicking the link below:

Thinking in Java, Second Edition

As far as your assignment goes, it does seem that you have been thrown in at the deep end. I would think about tackling something simpler first, but we cant pick and choose our homework so here are a few pointers.

Use the assignment to look for clues about how you could structure your program. A "Bank" class could be used to hold many accounts. The bank class could define a method for each transaction type. To identify which accounts the transactions apply to, the accounts could be passed to the transaction methods.

Each account would be defined by an "Account" class. It is here that the account details are held.

Read up on the Collections framework that is part of the java.utils package. All of the data structures you require will be there, there is no need to implement them yourself. Read the Java API for what the collections framework can do for you. You will find that most of your application's functionality is already available to you, buried away in the api somewhere.

I hope this is enough to get you started. If you have any more specific questions about your assignment that you need help with, post a message here.

About | Sitemap | Contact