Types
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jim_Pagnotta
Posted On:   Friday, November 30, 2001 01:30 PM

I have a server running that will be accepting requests to execute some server methods. The clients could be written in anything (C++, JAVA, tcl and perl). All messages are passed using SOAP. Some of these clients might be sending a value as a string and another might send the same thing as an int. Other than overloading the service methods, is there a way to get the request on the server side before it tries to match it to a method so I might take the incoming parameter and treat it using an ANY class that will be able to determine what it is and use it in the service method. I will also have the same problem with a getValue function that has to return many different types. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim Pag   More>>

I have a server running that will be accepting requests to execute some server methods. The clients could be written in anything (C++, JAVA, tcl and perl). All messages are passed using SOAP. Some of these clients might be sending a value as a string and another might send the same thing as an int. Other than overloading the service methods, is there a way to get the request on the server side before it tries to match it to a method so I might take the incoming parameter and treat it using an ANY class that will be able to determine what it is and use it in the service method. I will also have the same problem with a getValue function that has to return many different types. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Pagnotta

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact