dcsimg
A JavaBean to send events back and forth from Java Frames
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rizwan_Sattar
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 27, 2001 10:30 AM

Hey all, I am completely new to JavaBeans, but I am develeping a Swing-based e-mail client that accesses IMAP folders. This client uses a plug-in architectures, where every component of the GUI is actually being handled by different plug-ins. For example, when the e-mail program gets the list of messages, it "hands off" the messages to a plug-in that will return a JPanel of some kind to display the message. If the message list has it's own event listener, and the user clicks on a message to display it, how can the plug-in tell the main GUI "hey, a message hsa been selected, here is the reference to the message. Go and display it" ? I think you can do something with    More>>

Hey all,

I am completely new to JavaBeans, but I am develeping a Swing-based e-mail client that accesses IMAP folders. This client uses a plug-in architectures, where every component of the GUI is actually being handled by different plug-ins.

For example, when the e-mail program gets the list of messages, it "hands off" the messages to a plug-in that will return a JPanel of some kind to display the message.

If the message list has it's own event listener, and the user clicks on a message to display it, how can the plug-in tell the main GUI "hey, a message hsa been selected, here is the reference to the message. Go and display it" ?

I think you can do something with JavaBeans for some kind of event handling, where the message list plug-in would generate an "event" that would be propagated to the main GUI so that the GUI could do another hand-off to another plug-in that displays a single message?

Is there any way to do this using JavaBeans?

regards,

Rizwan Sattar

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact