Multiple VM Spawns?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dan_Temple
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 27, 2001 06:51 AM

Hi everyone ... I have an executable running under windows 98 that creates the Java Virtual Machine and then loads a particular class. When I run the executable by itself it works fine, however when I change the extension from .exe to .scr and run it as a screensaver it works, but only after creating multiple VMs. At least I ASSUME that it is creating multiple VMs since I get multiple command windows and multiple instances of the class being created. My theory is that it is doing this because when the VM is created it takes a moment to load all of the required classes. However the WIndows operating system is impatient and if an instance of the class is not quickly created it spawns another VM and another and another, until an instance i   More>>

Hi everyone ...

I have an executable running under windows 98 that creates the Java Virtual Machine and then loads a particular class. When I run the executable by itself it works fine, however when I change the extension from .exe to .scr and run it as a screensaver it works, but only after creating multiple VMs. At least I ASSUME that it is creating multiple VMs since I get multiple command windows and multiple instances of the class being created.

My theory is that it is doing this because when the VM is created it takes a moment to load all of the required classes. However the WIndows operating system is impatient and if an instance of the class is not quickly created it spawns another VM and another and another, until an instance is created. But this is just my theory.

Does anyone know what is going on here, and more importantly how I can stop this multiple spawning?

Thanks in advance

Dan.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact