dcsimg
Use case modelling - Need uregent help
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   seema_Patel
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 27, 2001 04:11 AM

Hi

can any one tell me the reasons why use case modelling is an appropriate technique for an order processing system (i think is a batch processing but not sure)? could you also tell me where i can get evidence of this, because every where i look it tells me how do to it which i dont want!!!

if any more infor, free feel to ask

seema

Re: Use case modelling - Need uregent help

Posted By:   Mark_Ellens  
Posted On:   Sunday, December 2, 2001 05:04 AM

As other replies have said there is no way to provide evidence of how appropriate use cases are for your system. Models are not right or wrong they are more or less useful. A good (and nicely short) book on UML is 'UML Distilled' by Martin Fowler, which has a chapter on how Use Cases can best be used, and which shows how the UML relates to the real world.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 28, 2001 08:56 PM

Hi Seema,

Probably you are asking 'How can I convince my management (or my team) that we should apply Use Case Modelling....?'

If this is the case, you should refer to books or other resources on UML (refer below) and collect all the materials that highlight and explain the general advantages and benefits of Use Case Modelling .

Then you should retouch these materials and present to the Management (or your team) in a way so that they get convinced.
What I am suggesting is that you need to substitute the benefits to a general project by your own order processing system .

Names of a few books I can refer you to:

o Applying UML and Patterns An Introduction....(Very Pragmatic): Craig Larman

o The softcopy of "The Unified Modelling Language Reference" by Rumbaug,Jacobson,Booch is available for download (pdf format) at http://www.onesmartclick.com/programming/uml/UmlReferenceManual.zip

Object Oriented Software Engineering: A Use Case Driven Approach: I. Jacobson.(Addison-Wesley)

Hope this helps,

Thanks and bye,

Saptadeep, Delhi.

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 27, 2001 09:12 AM

use case modeling is a good technique not just for order processing system but for most software applications. use case modeling identifies client's view of the system. the ultimate goal of all software applications is customer satsifaction. use case modeling identifies client's expections of the system and are priceless when modeling, architecting and designing any software application.
About | Sitemap | Contact