Problem with list box
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Karen_L
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 21, 2001 12:10 AM

Good day. I'm having problem to pre-select the element of a list box that have been chosen by user. For example, a country list. After saving the user's choice, on edit page, the list box wouldn't pre-select user's option. I've tried in some ways where it all have some problems where I am not sure if any of you have come across with it. One of it are: 1.) Assuming I have a country list with 2 different declarations like this: Singapore Denmark By using the same application logic, I saved both of user's choice, one is country code, one is the country description itself. Strange thing   More>>

Good day.

I'm having problem to pre-select the element of a list box that have been chosen by user. For example, a country list. After saving the user's choice, on edit page, the list box wouldn't pre-select user's option. I've tried in some ways where it all have some problems where I am not sure if any of you have come across with it.

One of it are:

1.) Assuming I have a country list with 2 different declarations like this:

Singapore

Denmark

By using the same application logic, I saved both of user's choice, one is country code, one is the country description itself. Strange thing is, on my edit page, the list isn't pre-selected with user's choice for the first declaration while it works for the second part. I have made sure what I save in the database is the same as what I've retrieved and make a comparison with the element's country code too. Even if they(value from db & the country code) show the same, it still wouldn't work (pre-select the option). What have I miss here?

2.) On a form, I have 3 country lists. Each of them is hard coded like this,

Strange enough that an error told me that the "code is too large for try statement" when I access the page. Have any of you came across with this before? I removed one list then it is runnable. Put back the list in, the error shown. Any get around with this?

Thanks in Advance.

<<Less

Re: Problem with list box

Posted By:   Ted_Husted  
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 21, 2001 06:00 PM

I'm not sure if I understand the example. One seems
to expect the stored value "SG" while the other seems to
expect "Singapore". Which is stored in the selCountry
property?

There is a limit for the size of a JSP page. There's a good
rundown of this

here