dcsimg
How to model a GUI based application?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jack_DB
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 20, 2001 11:18 PM

Hi everyone, I'll ask a question some may consider as trivial, sorry for that. I'm actually trying to do an analysis of a programm which "seems" to be too much GUI related. I would like to draw a Domain Class Model but I can't find any classes other than GUI ones. I already used UML before, but then it was very easy to find classes and relations. As I had to build a model of physically existing objects and the interactions some actors may have with them, things were straightforward. Now I have to model very abstract things (trees, modules,...) and the fact is that those objects are related only through the GUI. The problem is I don't know wether I'm looking in the right direction or not. I wou   More>>

Hi everyone,

I'll ask a question some may consider as trivial, sorry for that. I'm actually trying to do an analysis of a programm which "seems" to be too much GUI related. I would like to draw a Domain Class Model but I can't find any classes other than GUI ones.

I already used UML before, but then it was very easy to find classes and relations. As I had to build a model of physically existing objects and the interactions some actors may have with them, things were straightforward.

Now I have to model very abstract things (trees, modules,...) and the fact is that those objects are related only through the GUI. The problem is I don't know wether I'm looking in the right direction or not. I would like to find classes which are not GUI ones, but I don't know where to find them.

Could someone help me?

<<Less

Re: How to model a GUI based application?

Posted By:   Cengiz_Sahin  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 12, 2001 09:01 AM

Hi,

a good approach for that is to look at the dialog boxes.

Many dialog boxes have grouped fields which would make sense to combine in one single object like 'PersonalInformation' or sth. like that. Also look on the title-bar of each dialog. Maybe this is also a good class candidate?

Also consider to make a CRC-Card session too!

Happy modelling

Cengiz
About | Sitemap | Contact