dcsimg
How to get the Folder Sizes and the Message Size?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Frank_White
Posted On:   Sunday, November 18, 2001 11:29 PM

Hello everyone, 1: I want get the INBOX folder size or other folders size. How to do it? I know that the Part interface provides a "getSize()" method to get the ATTACHMENT size. If I want to get the folder size, I should read all the ATTACHMENT of the MESSAGE in the folder, such as INBOX. Is it a only method to do this? If it is not, please give a method to do it. 2: Also, I want to know how to get MESSAGE size, not ATTACHMENT size. How to do it? If the MESSAGE has not a ATTACHMENT, how to get the MESSAGE size. If anyone knows the answers or suggestion, please answer or contact me. I look fo   More>>

Hello everyone,

1: I want get the INBOX folder size or other folders size. How to do it?

I know that the Part interface provides a "getSize()" method to get the ATTACHMENT size. If I want to get the folder size, I should read all the ATTACHMENT of the MESSAGE in the folder, such as INBOX.

Is it a only method to do this?

If it is not, please give a method to do it.

2: Also, I want to know how to get MESSAGE size, not ATTACHMENT size.
How to do it?

If the MESSAGE has not a ATTACHMENT, how to get the MESSAGE size.

If anyone knows the answers or suggestion, please answer or contact me.

I look forward to reciving your reply.

hiyatoo

Email: hiyatoo@sinaman.com

<<Less

Re: How to get the Folder Sizes and the Message Size?

Posted By:   Gianluca_Sartori  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 17, 2002 01:11 AM

getSize is not referred to attachments only, it can be applied to any king of part. If you call the getSize() method on a text part, you will get the size of that part, which can be done on the message itself to get the whole message size. The value returned by getSize() is not exact, but is quite near to the true size of the message.

There is no way to get a folder size.
About | Sitemap | Contact