Invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xFF)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kenny_Kon
Posted On:   Sunday, November 18, 2001 10:50 PM

I am using the Xalan XSL transformer for my web pages. My JSPs which call the Transformer have not had any problems in the Weblogic 5.1 environment and also in the Weblogic 6.1 environment on Windows 2000. However when I migrated to WL 6.1 on Solaris, I started to see this error: Exception: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerExceptio n: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode:0xff) was found in markup after the end of the element content. <[WebAppServletContext(72489,CSWeb App,/CSWebApp)] Root cause of ServletException Has anyone else encoutered this and found a soluti   More>>

I am using the Xalan XSL transformer for my web pages. My JSPs which call the Transformer have not had any problems in the Weblogic 5.1 environment and also in the Weblogic 6.1 environment on Windows 2000. However when I migrated to WL 6.1 on Solaris, I started to see this error:

Exception: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerExceptio
n: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode:0xff) was found in markup after the end of the element content.
<[WebAppServletContext(72489,CSWeb
App,/CSWebApp)] Root cause of ServletException

Has anyone else encoutered this and found a solution?

Thanks!

Kenny

<<Less

Re: Invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xFF)

Posted By:   Shane_Curcuru  
Posted On:   Monday, November 19, 2001 02:31 PM

Have you double-checked your xml documents? If they do have an invalid XML character in them, there's not much Xalan or the parser can do about it. Make sure that the transformer is getting exactly the same document now that it used to.

Also, you might check out Xalan's EnvironmentCheck utility that's described just below here http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-9 to see exactly which version of Xalan and which parser you're getting - which may well be different if you're on a different servlet container!

About | Sitemap | Contact