form and XML document
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anita_Li
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 13, 2001 02:28 AM

hi, i want to have display a form in web browser. When the form is filled in, the data inside will be saved to an xml document. I do not know which of the following is the correct way: 1. create an xml document first, and use xsl/xslt to display this xml document in html. Since i want to display a form, so this xml document has no data. e.g. like the following When sb fill the "html" form (which is transformed by xslt to become html), the data will be filled into those ....anything incorrect? 2. the second way is just to create a html form. When the data is posted, the data is "inserted" into an XML document (some kind of template, in which it contains the elements, e.g.   More>>

hi,

i want to have display a form in web browser. When the form is filled in, the data inside will be saved to an xml document.

I do not know which of the following is the correct way:
1. create an xml document first, and use xsl/xslt to display this xml document in html. Since i want to display a form, so this xml document has no data. e.g. like the following

When sb fill the "html" form (which is transformed by xslt to become html), the data will be filled into those ....anything incorrect?

2. the second way is just to create a html form. When the data is posted, the data is "inserted" into an XML document (some kind of template, in which it contains the elements, e.g. name, address, etc, that i would be expecting) which is read into a DOM tree. And this "tree" is written to a file after update.

Actually my aim is to save the data as XML document. I am new to XML.

I just think, if eventually i am about to save the form data in xml document, and there is a way to display the xml via XSLT/XSL, is it still necessary to create html form (ie. the 2nd way above)

can anyone help ?
or where can i find some example in "collecting data in web form, and save data to xml document" ? Because i think i am very confused.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact