dcsimg
Accessing bean using its Local interface
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gauri_Tendulkar
Posted On:   Sunday, November 11, 2001 03:58 AM

Hi, I have a problem accessing a bean using its local interface in J2EE1.3 environment on J2EE test server. I have two beans, one trying to access other, residing in two different ears. During deployment, after I select "Local" interface option in EJB-refs tag of the standard deployment tool of J2ee, it does not show me the bean-name in the "Enterprise Bean Name" combo-box. When I put the name of the actual bean in the box and try to deploy it, gives the null-pointer exception for the above tag as it does not find corresponding ejb to be referred. Is it necessary to have a client bean and actual bean to be in the same ear for local interface access? The specifications says that both the beans must be in the same container   More>>

Hi,
I have a problem accessing a bean using its local interface in J2EE1.3 environment on J2EE test server. I have two beans, one trying to access other, residing in two different ears. During deployment, after I select "Local" interface option in EJB-refs tag of the standard deployment tool of J2ee, it does not show me the bean-name in the
"Enterprise Bean Name" combo-box. When I put the name of the actual bean in the box and try to deploy it, gives the null-pointer exception for the above tag as it does not find corresponding ejb to be referred.
Is it necessary to have a client bean and actual bean to be in the same ear for local interface access? The specifications says that both the beans must be in the same container that does not mean same ear, right????
Thanks

<<Less

Re: Accessing bean using its Local interface

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Sunday, November 11, 2001 11:28 AM

they do not have to be in the same ear but you must have in the deployment descriptor. so if you want bean1 to access bean2, you must use in deployment descriptor of bean1 to point to bean2. this is true not only for local interfaces but it is a good practice in j2ee1.2 environment as well.
About | Sitemap | Contact