Sunday, November 11, 2001 11:15 PM
There are couple of ways to get your application out of JBuilder. These depend on type of your applicaiton.
I guess that it is an ordenary application with GUI and not a webApp.
- Go to wizards|archive builder
- Choose application from the archivet type drop down list.
- The steps are selfexplanetory, however, here are a few pointers.
- In step 3, if you don't want all the classes in your project to be included in the JAR file you have to choose which ones you want.
- In step 4, if you use any other libraries then the standard Java libraries, you can add them to your JAR file, otherwise you'll have to put them in your classpath.
- In step 6, you have to choose your driver class. I.e. the class that starts your application, often a class with main in it.
Now you get a new icon in the project tree, right click on it and choos make.
Now you should have a JAR file that is runnable from the command line.
Should be something like, java -jar yourapp.jar.