Internal Servlet Error in login session
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Saturday, November 10, 2001 03:10 AM

I develop a login module which create a bean object in a servlet, then pass the object to the mainmenu.jsp. The bean object I make it in session attribute. My servlet code: HttpSession session = request.getSession(true); BackendUser bu = new BackendUser(); bu.setName("test"); session.setAttribute("user", bu); response.sendRedirect("mainmenu.jsp"); My mainmenu.jsp code: After all, the server return Internal Servlet Error: javax.servlet.ServletException: BackendUser Please help me on this, It is really puzzling me. Any help or advices are   More>>

I develop a login module which create a bean object in a servlet, then pass the object to the mainmenu.jsp. The bean object I make it in session attribute.

My servlet code:

HttpSession session = request.getSession(true);

BackendUser bu = new BackendUser();

bu.setName("test");

session.setAttribute("user", bu);

response.sendRedirect("mainmenu.jsp");

My mainmenu.jsp code:

After all, the server return Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: BackendUser

Please help me on this, It is really puzzling me. Any help or advices are appreciated. Thanks.

<<Less

Re: Internal Servlet Error in login session

Posted By:   Naveed_Azhar  
Posted On:   Saturday, November 10, 2001 03:39 AM

Hi there

It seems that error is coming from the code accessing BackendUser class. Why dont you try to print the stackTrace of te method ( i.e. the execption.printStackTrace() ) to know the root cause of the exception.

Try printing some debug messages to locate the code that is the erroneous

naveed@hotmail.com
About | Sitemap | Contact