dcsimg
Tree-structured dependency list of files
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   baivab_mitra
Posted On:   Thursday, November 8, 2001 10:45 PM

Hi! I have a problem. I am involved in designing an Upload Utility which will pick files after they arrive in the UNIX box and load the same into the database. For this, I need to create a dependency tree for the files, and schedule the processing accordingly. Can anyone provide the necessary information on how to go about doing this? For example, I have that file A depends on files B and C. B and D both depend on D and D depends on nothing. As such, for A, I have D, then B and C and then only A. Here a tricky situation is when B fails. Then I should be able to process C, which in no way depends on B. Anyone has any idea on algorithms in Java Collections to use in order to do this?    More>>

Hi!

I have a problem. I am involved in designing an Upload Utility which will pick files after they arrive in the UNIX box and load the same into the database.
For this, I need to create a dependency tree for the files, and schedule the processing accordingly.
Can anyone provide the necessary information on how to go about doing this?

For example, I have that file A depends on files B and C. B and D both depend on D and D depends on nothing.
As such, for A, I have D, then B and C and then only A.
Here a tricky situation is when B fails. Then I should be able to process C, which in no way depends on B.
Anyone has any idea on algorithms in Java Collections to use in order to do this?

Thanks a lot beforehand, to all the help I may be getting!!!
Regards,
Baivab

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact