dcsimg
Exception while using getFetchSize()
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Yogesh_Kumar
Posted On:   Thursday, November 8, 2001 10:32 AM

Hi,
I am using JDBC pool for some database transactions(through weblogic5.1). After getting ResultSet(resultset is a cursor in this case) I am calling getFetchSize() on ResultSet which is throwing 'java.sql.SQLException: This JDBC 2.0 method is not implemented'. I dont understans whats the problem. FYI, I am using using JDBC2.0 and oci driver to connect to database. Database Oracle8i. Any urgent reply on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Exception while using getFetchSize()

Posted By:   Bernie_Acs  
Posted On:   Thursday, November 8, 2001 01:02 PM

You may have these resource already under your belt and know where to go, but if not here is some info:

BEA Java Docs for 5.1 check out weblogic.jdbc20.oci.Statement which shows a fetchSize() method only. Using Third Party JDBC20 Driver might be a helpful to decide where things have gone wrong. The Oracle JDBC Driver package and documentation indicates full support of the functionality and can be obtained from Oracle Tech Network you may have to register but there is no fee, from there you can download the correct JDBC for your version of Oracle and find the documention at Oracle8iJDBC Developer's Guide and Reference#Fetch Size

Re: Exception while using getFetchSize()

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Thursday, November 8, 2001 10:53 AM

it appears that even though you have JDBC 2.0 driver, it does not implement getFetchSize() method. try updating the driver to one which implements this method.
About | Sitemap | Contact