dcsimg
"How to use "exec(string)" command correctly?"
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   wood_kelly
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 7, 2001 07:59 AM

When I use some command to call a compier to compile C files (on Windows ME) and use getInputStream and getErrorStream to get compiling results, but somthing is wrong and I don't know how to solve it: 1. when the compiling warnning and error message is too much, the process is dead and never return again, if the message is short it is OK. So if there exists any limit for the "exec" command's InputStream and ErrorStream buffer. How could I use "exec(string)" command or other commands correctly and solve the problem? 2. Because I know if the message is too much the process will die so I try to use "try" and "catch" to stop the death and display the error message but no sense. Could I determine if a process is de   More>>

When I use some command to call a compier to compile C files (on Windows ME) and use getInputStream and getErrorStream to get compiling results, but somthing is wrong and I don't know how to solve it:
1. when the compiling warnning and error message is too much, the process is dead and never return again, if the message is short it is OK. So if there exists any limit for the "exec" command's InputStream and ErrorStream buffer. How could I use "exec(string)" command or other commands correctly and solve the problem?
2. Because I know if the message is too much the process will die so I try to use "try" and "catch" to stop the death and display the error message but no sense. Could I determine if a process is dead and kill the dead process so make the program continue? How to do it?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact