dcsimg
JDK 1.3.1 calling a Microsoft COM object???
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Darrick_White
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 7, 2001 06:23 AM

My question, which inevitably in my eyes has been deemed impossible to answer, is as follows: How can one incorporate MS VM to connect to an MS COM object using Sun’s JDK 1.3.1? I’ve tried the following: I ran the simple example of a COM object with a client interfacing with that COM object that came with MS SDK for Java 4.0. I built the *java files using the given makefile (jvc). I registered the Hub with javareg and created a hub.tlb with jactivex. Using JBuilder 4.0, I built a small non-swing object that created in instance of the Client class from above: import sample.dcom.*; public class Main { public Main() { try { // MS Client – the   More>>

My question, which inevitably in my eyes has been deemed impossible to answer, is as follows: How can one incorporate MS VM to connect to an MS COM object using Sun’s JDK 1.3.1?

I’ve tried the following: I ran the simple example of a COM object with a client interfacing with that COM object that came with MS SDK for Java 4.0. I built the *java files using the given makefile (jvc). I registered the Hub with javareg and created a hub.tlb with jactivex.

Using JBuilder 4.0, I built a small non-swing object that created in instance of the Client class from above:

import sample.dcom.*;

public class Main
{
public Main()
{
try
{
// MS Client – the Client class creates the COM object connection to HUB
Client client = new Client();
}

catch( Exception exception )
{
System.err.println("Default exception caught");
System.err.println(exception);
exception.printStackTrace();
}
}
}

I was able to compile/make the above snippet of code, but without having access to the com.ms* classes and without loading a library (since the Hub class actually references a native function), I was not able to run my application:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: addListener
at hub.Hub.addListener(Native Method)
at sample.dcom.Client. (Client.java)
at am.temp.Main. (Main.java:30)
at am.temp.Main.main(Main.java:44)

However, if run the following command: jview Main, I get the necessary results. Which is what I thought would happen. I tried doing the same thing within a swing application, however, to my not-so-surprise, MS doesn’t contain swing components. I’ve read through many forum headaches: “I’ve tried appending rt.jar”, “You can’t mix MS with Sun”, etc.

Therefore, has anyone had any luck creating/connecting/instantiating a MS COM object while trying to run it under Sun’s VM? Note: I have to do it this way since the application I’m trying to connect to is built as a COM server and I’m using Java as my application language.

Thank you.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact