<strong>Using Jchart Applet with various browsers.</strong>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Richard_Manthorpe
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 7, 2001 02:17 AM

I am having problems with Jchart. I am using the Jchart Applet on a web page. I have only been able to get it working on Netscape 6. This was not easy, it involved going into the java.policy and java.security files for the Netscape plugin and removing restrictions. But I am running Apache web server and I want people to be able to view the applet from internet explorer as most of the computers on the intranet are running windows. I have tried everything...I have installed Java2 Plug in too, but no luck. Has anyone got JChart working on internet explorer? I don't really want to ask all users of the web page to start tampering with their java security files either. Am I missing something??? The jar file I am using for JChart is JCChart451K.jar.    More>>

I am having problems with Jchart. I am using the Jchart Applet on a web page. I have only been able to get it working on Netscape 6. This was not easy, it involved going into the java.policy and java.security files for the Netscape plugin and removing restrictions. But I am running Apache web server and I want people to be able to view the applet from internet explorer as most of the computers on the intranet are running windows. I have tried everything...I have installed Java2 Plug in too, but no luck. Has anyone got JChart working on internet explorer? I don't really want to ask all users of the web page to start tampering with their java security files either. Am I missing something???
The jar file I am using for JChart is JCChart451K.jar.

Thanks for any help,

Manny

<<Less

Re: <strong>Using Jchart Applet with various browsers.</strong>

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 7, 2001 07:54 AM

Isn't JChart a commercial product from Sitraka? Can't you just go through their support channels? What are you doing that is requiring you to break out of the security sandbox? Whatever you are doing shouldn't be specific to JChart and breaking out of the sandbox is already covered in the FAQ.
About | Sitemap | Contact