Execute a Java Application out of a JSP
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Johannes_Schofnegger
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 31, 2001 11:41 AM

I am looking for a way to call a Java Application out from a JSP-Page. Is it possible to use this command "Runtime.getRuntime().exec(Executable);" in a Java Server Page to start a Java Application? Useing this command directly to execute a Java Application File out of a JSP brought the error message: "error=0". Then I used this command to invoke a .bat file which called the Java Application (.class file). The dos Shell window appeared and disappeared but the Application was not executed. Klicking on the .bat file works well. Do you know a way to invoke a Java Application out of a JSP? Java and JSP are supposed to be closely related. There should be a solution to this problem, dont you thi   More>>

I am looking for a way to call a Java Application out from a JSP-Page.

Is it possible to use this command "Runtime.getRuntime().exec(Executable);" in a Java Server Page to start a Java Application?
Useing this command directly to execute a Java Application File out of a JSP brought the error message: "error=0".
Then I used this command to invoke a .bat file which called the Java Application (.class file).
The dos Shell window appeared and disappeared but the Application was not executed. Klicking on the .bat file works well.

Do you know a way to invoke a Java Application out of a JSP?
Java and JSP are supposed to be closely related. There should be a solution to this problem, dont you think so?

Johannes

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact